I am not a writer. This is just my feeble attempt at jotting down my thoughts and ponderings to clarify them for myself.
I have been pondering of late on the task I've been given. How great it is-far greater than I ever imagined. When one thinks of having children, one doesn't contemplate the daily--no moment by moment training of the heart. Over and over the lessons are taught, expected, and corrected. I don't know why I am surprised by this. I was informed of this process by reading Deuteronomy 6:7, "Impress them(these commandments, v6)on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." Upon reading this directive, the verse before and following, I see the intent of my heavenly Father's heart for not only my children but for me. These Word's of Life are to be in me-dwelling- in my heart and mind-changing the way I think and act so I can be the example to these young hearts. To say by my life yes the Word is true and I believe it and It is the only standard by which we live and have our being.
O God-let it be in me today!
No comments:
Post a Comment